Applications must be submitted online. Here is a description of the application process:
1. Submitting your supporting documents in digital format
Scan the following documents as separate PDF or Word files (4MB maximum size each):
- Master's Diploma
- Transcript of grades of university studies (Bachelor, Master ...): detailing academic years, subjects, numeric qualification, etc ...
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal statement: Please use this link to downloads area.
- Additional program-specific documents (please read your full program description)
- Requirements vary according to doctoral program. Be sure to visit the program’s website to learn about the applicable selection criteria.
- In order to request admission as a part-time student, you must add to your Online Application the document that you will find in the download area.
2. Completing your application
You will need a user name and password to access the online application system:
- UAM alumni and current UAM students having a “uam.es” email address should use the following link to apply: https://secretaria-virtual.uam.es/Navegacion/InicioAlumno_cons.html
In any other case you will have to registrer previously in Sigma platform (https://secretaria-virtual.uam.es/Navegacion/InicioRegistro.Posgrado.html) ; after that you will be able to make your admission request at this link (https://secretaria-virtual.uam.es/Navegacion/InicioAdmision.Posgrado.html), please check the instructions about the personal information (link in download area).
If you are applying for two or more doctoral programs, please indicate your order of preference.
You can apply for the admission in:
“Sigma > Mis aplicaciones > Accesos > Inscripción Doctorados Oficiales > Nueva preinscripción”
Save your application and print out the confirmation.
The use of Internet Explorer as a browser is recommended.
3. How we process your application
The School’s administrative staff will verify if you meet all admission requirements and have submitted the required supporting documents. If you meet all admission requirements and your supporting documents are in order, your application will be accepted. Otherwise, you will be asked to provide any missing information.
Once your application has been accepted, the Program Academic Board will check if you meet all program-specific academic requirements and consider your application during the candidate selection process. The Academic Board may make your admission conditional on your completing additional coursework.
You will be notified of the final decision in writing. If your application is rejected, you will be notified of the reasons motivating this decision. If your application is accepted, you will be notified of any additional coursework you may need to complete and of any original/stamped/certified documents you should provide in order to confirm your place in the program.
4. Keeping track of your application
You can track the status of your application online. Your application status can be:
- Application submitted: You have successfully completed your application.
- Incomplete application: You need to provide further information.
- Accepted by the Administration: As a candidate you meet all criteria required to pursue doctoral studies at UAM.
- Selected: You have been admitted to the doctoral program and the validity of your supporting documents is being ascertained.
- Rejected: Your application has not been accepted.
- Granted: You can now enroll in the doctoral program.
5. Selected candidates: Document verification process
If you have completed your studies at an institution other than UAM, please submit the following documents to the School of Doctoral Studies for verification:
- Certificate attesting your qualification as a candidate to a doctoral program (Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent)
- Academic certificate of your university degree (Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Licentiate Degree…).
Please submit the original document and a photocopy (for authentication) or a certified copy. Please do not send originals in the post.
If you graduated from a foreign institution, please follow the translation, certification and authentication instructions you will find here.