Class calendar here
- Exchange rates (FT Chapter 13)
- The Monetary Approach (FT Chapter 14)
- The Asset Approach (FT Chapter 15)
- National Accounts (FT Chapter 16)
- Gains from Globalization (FT Chapter 17)
- Macroeconomic policies (FT Chapter 18)
- International experience with exchange rate regimes (FT Chapter 19)
- Currency crises (FT Chapter 20)
- Monetary unions (FT Chapter 21)
Discussion section 2 (.doc file)
Discussion section 3 (.doc file)
Discussion section 4 (.doc file)
Discussion section 5 (.doc file)
Review session (.doc file)
Some multiple choice questions
AK: 1.a, 2.b, 3.c, 4.b, 5.d, 6.d, 7.c, 8.a, 9.a, 10.b.
Problem set 1 AK1
Problem set 2 AK2
Problem set 3 AK3
Problem set 4 AK4
Problem set 5
AK5: 1.b, 2.b, 3.b, 4.d, 5.a, 6.c, 7.d, 8.a, 9.c, 10.c.
* Denotes required reading
*Big Mac index
*"The mandarins of money," The Economist, 08/09/07.
*"A tale of two deficits," J. Stiglitz, Global Agenda, The Magazine of the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting, 2006.
Some readings on the crisis in the debt markets
"A spike through the heart," The Economist, 08/12/07.
"On a short fuse," The Economist, 08/13/07.
"It's a miserable life," P. Krugman (New York Times, 08/20/07)
FT.com/Markets and funds data/Currencies/Dollar spot forward
This website also provides information on spot and forward rates for the euro and the British pound.
Exchange rates at the St. Louis Fed.
The Economist - Currencies
European Central Bank
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System