Reasons to join the EPS
UAM’s Escuela Politécnica Superior, established within the International Campus of Excellence, is absolutely committed with teaching and research quality.
The EPS offers Degrees with extensive practical content. These degrees: Computer Engineering, Telecommunication Technology and Service Engineering and the Double Major in Computer Science & Mathematics are defined by:
- Teaching innovation with EHEA-adapted (European High Education Area) degrees, with practical methods always supporting the theoretical aspects, with which students acquire the abilities that will enable them to achieve the optimal development towards their professional career.
- State-of-the-art teaching facilities with more than 10 lecture rooms, more than 20 practicum rooms with computer equipment updated every three years, 5 hardware rooms, 2 media rooms, an auditorium with capacity for more than 500 people, seminar rooms, etc.
- Teachers-Students Familiarity. Less than 20 students per lab, for a full exploitation of the courses.
- Within the EPS Tutorial Action plan, each student has an appointed tutor. This tutor offers information for the student’s integration, giving advice on academic decisions and professional projects.
- Research data on employment of the last two years shows that 100% of our students got a job [ES] after the completion of their studies. This is due to the excellent education they receive as well as the EPS internships program. We have more than 160 internship agreements with companiessuch as Telefónica, IBM, Indra, Vodafone, Accenture, and Oracle; all of them leading IT companies.
- EPS trains and supports students with entrepreneurial spirit so that they carry out technology creation projects.
- Students have the possibility to join and collaborate with EPS research groups through scholarships for excellence and collaboration.
- In our school you’ll have the opportunity to study abroad during an entire academic year. 50% of our students do so by means of several mobility programs.
- Very active student participation in Student Associations, Competitions, Programming Tournaments, etc.