Go to main content Go to main menu



Applications must be submitted online via Sigma platform. Please find below the required- documents and check the procedure:

Preparation of the required documents 

Please make sure that you have the required documents as separated pdf files (prefered), no larger than 4Mb each. 

  • DNI (Spanish nationals) / NIE or Passport (other nationalities)
  • Curriculum Vitae
  • "Aval de dirección" ("researcher's confirmation", template available to be donwloaded) 
  • "Declaración de veracidad" ("Statement of veracity", template available to be donwloaded) 
  • Diploma used to access the PhD studies, depending on the access way chosen: 
    • Bachelor's + Master's: Master's Diploma
    • Spanish Bachelor's 300 ECTS or MECES3 – Bachelor's Diploma
    • Ingeniería/Licenciatura/Arquitectura (Former Spanish Bachelor's, MECES 3) – Bachelor's Diploma
    • 2+ years of specialisation as a Health Professional  – Official Certificate of positive evaluation issued by the  Teaching Unit of the Hospital 
    • Spanish DEA – DEA Diploma or certificate of achivement 
    • Spanish PhD –  PhD Diploma
    • Homologation of foreign Higher Education Degrees by Spanish Ministry of Universities -  Fireign Diploma that has been recognized
  • Official Transcript of Records of the studies used to access PhD studies (including grades and courses).
  • Official Transcript of Records of any previous studies (including grades and courses).
  • If you are applying for part time studies, you must complete and sign the Application document (template available to be donwloaded).
  • Each PhD Programme can request additional documents, so it is advisable to visit the Programme's website before the application.



You will have to submit a Statement from your home university, in which they declare that the Diploma used to access PhD studies at UAM qualifies you to access PhD studies at your home country. For studies carried out whithin the European Education Area (EEA), you can submit instead the Diploma Suplement.

Academic documents (Diplomas and Transcripts) issued in foreign countries not belonging to the European Education Area (EEA) must be correctly legalised or apostilled, as follows:

• Countries suscribed to the Hague Apostille convention 1961: Apostille

• Other countries: Legalised documents, including:

1. Approval by the Ministry of Education on the home country of the signatures that appear on the original document. 

2. Approval of the documents by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the home country.

3. Approval of the Spanish Consulate on the home country. 

All documents submitted can be in Spanish, English, French, Italian or Portuguese. Documents in other languages must be accompanied by their sworn translation to Spanish. 

If you need further inflormation, please check our Admission Guide (Guía de Admisión)